Sunday, April 18, 2021

The Prince of Slumber

Tonight I call to you with music,

I want to see you in my dreams.

I want to tell you all the new things

I’ve learnt from plucking out your stings.


Tonight I summon you in hushed whispers,

Puzzle-piece you from memories,

To let you know how much I hate you

I want to see you in my dreams.


I have no memory of your voice now

But I still clearly hear your words.

I want to spit the truth back at you,

I want my tongue to cut like swords.


Tonight I’ll force you into my dreamscape,

I’ll wrestle you into my sleep.

So I can spill on you forgiveness.

So I can pull apart your seams.


I shall uproot that meek box garden

Where I was bound lifetimes ago.

I see the bars and taste the water

Of that grey room in summer's core.


Oh angel! how low you've fallen,

A bad dream calling from the depths.

I shall rename him Prince of Slumber.

Tonight I'll see you in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment