Thursday, March 31, 2016

Alice Going Underground

Lilac and Daffodil


My dear Alice stands under a lantern. 
Her hands fold upon lace and flowers fold upon her apron.


This alice does not chase Mr. Rabbit, she knows he'll come for her.
Loyal for the reward, she awaits the wonder land.
Hear the footsteps, "Close your eyes,"
the snow white rabbit whispers, for "this is a surprise."


Whisk her away, run off into the night.
With her trust buried deep, and her eyelids shut tight,
she does not –she cannot– see the wolf that lies inside.


She ran into the wolf's den, she slipped into his mouth.
And once she opened her eyes,
a scream escaped, uncouth.


Fin

Author's Comment: This is my very first time materialising one of my stories, usually all they can aspire to is to remain as sketches in my book or notes on my phone. I had a lot of trouble trying to settle on a pleasant style for the illustrations, that matched the feeling I wanted to give. I did not fully get there, but I am pleased with how it has turned out. I also had trouble with the image quality and sizing, as this is my very first time trying to do something like this. If out there is anyone who has taken the time to read this, I would very much appreciate any feedback! 

Leur Lapin

No comments:

Post a Comment