Saturday, May 25, 2019

Nonsense of Self

I don't know you
but you call to me from the past.

You call to me through the voices of others,
who met you, who knew you, who told you to die.

Your face was once mine and your heart is another,
You are the sister I ate but never became stronger.

And once you were born I crawl back in my egg,
and dissolve inside the membrane, as I trampled your brain.

I don't know you
but you call to me from the past.

Perhaps, if you'd stayed
you'd be someone better, stronger.

Someone proud of yourself and willing to live longer.

But at their behest we consumed one another,
and now, what remains, is the lesser. The somber.

I might remember you,
when I call to you from the future.

When I squeeze my neck and allow my veins to rupture.

And I see your memories in my head,
yet your feelings I cannot comprehend.

Were you brave alone or were we?
Were we bound to die from the start?

And you love me as much as I hate you,
and she loves you and through me she remembers you.

When you chose to die you made me replace you,
but I should never have been, from the start.

You are dead and I am alive,
but I wish I could kill you and bring you back to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment