Monday, September 21, 2020

Hollow Bones

 I went through all our pictures,

after two months where the glimpse of your face was traumatic.


They went by so fast,

the felt hundred years I scrolled through in two minutes, dramatic.


If you ask me "do you love me?",

my answer is a clear "I don't know". 


Not because I am cruel,

but because I'm so used to throwing my feelings away,

I don't know what they're supposed to mean or why it hurts,

if they linger will I find out? But it stings.


A hundred years of you,

in less than three months. In your house. 

In this small room where the outside world doesn't exist,

A hundred years of tears.


In all my memory only you

have made my head spin like that. Not even the moon,

for who I stayed awake until sunrise, just to talk.


If I see your face

and hear your voice, hold your hand,


Will you take my heart,

or will it set me free. I can only imagine, lest I see.


You're not Apollo and you're not Selene,

you're an angel, and I'm the one with hollow bones.


I can't dare to call you my angel anymore.

But that name is only for you.


You're an angel,

and I'm the one with hollow bones.



No comments:

Post a Comment