Sunday, August 16, 2020

Dreams Unwind, Lover's State of Mind

Do I want a love that makes me fall to pieces?

No matter how many poems it gives me, it's not nice.

Because I know what the love I had for you

did to crush and wring my heart, small and dry.


I want to know if you loved me as I loved you,

or if you just clung to me so desperately

because you feared to be alone, and then loved me some?

What words cross your mind when the image is who I am?


I want to love and hold desperately as I held you,

but this time with no hesitation. With no fear.

A love that makes me want to come home, instead

of run away and regurgitate my guts, heart in tow.


I want to know both that which is lighthearted and playful,

and that to which my veins and heart cling to and curl around.

I want to know a smile that's like sunflowers, 

I want someone that grows bright blooms instead of panic.


In another world, it could have been you.

But I will not mourn, for that concerns the us-others.

Did you ever kiss my forehead to say goodnight?

And from me, what did you want? 

No comments:

Post a Comment