Sunday, April 10, 2016

15 Lolita Designs Challenge – Designs 3 and 4

Oh, the delay!

I have been more tired this first week of school than I would have expected. I wish my delay had not been so, however, I did not want my designs to be mere sketches in my cuadricule notebook. Thus, I have finally finished digitalising them. These two drawings come in a set, as well as the two to follow, which I will hopefully post on the 12th.

So, so, so... Let's get to it! My inspiration for this set were two songs: "Shotgun Lovers" and "My Baby Shot Me Down". Some difference, huh? 

For the first one, I wanted to take some vintage inspiration. I remembered once seeing someone post about "Gangster Lolita", sort of like a Lolita-fied Al Capone. It was very entertaining, and so I wanted to try doing it but keeping it cute and usual. For the second one, I actually wanted to make a Guro Lolita design, and she'd be carrying a red gun. After some tries, I scrapped the idea and went for shiro with red accents to keep the guro feeling. Maybe I'll try that other idea for another design? I didn't want to get too bloody today.

I wanted to make them sort of compliment each other, since the designs are so different. I thought that since one had no skin tone, eyes or eyebrows, and a fully coloured outfit, the other one would be the opposite.




And here is a very large picture of both designs connected.


No comments:

Post a Comment