Monday, April 18, 2016

Design No.8 - 15 Lolita Designs in April Challenge

For no.8 I decided to see if I could make something in the style that is currently popular: OTT Classic. Excessive lace and longer, bigger skirts with princess sleeves and some variation of Marie Antoinette on the title. I love to look at them, given that I would probably never wear them since they are terribly expensive and Lolita is relatively casual wear for me, so I'd have no occasion for such a pompous thing.

The underskirt would be crepe chiffon, with a Maline lace overlay and maybe Venice lace scalloped trim. For the blue part, I was thinking maybe faille, since I want something different than cotton, but I feel like it would look off in sheen and texture and be a very poor overall choice, so cotton would be better. The ribbons would be the same chiffon as the underskirt, and the other lace trims would all be Maline as well.

Since I sometimes mock the names of dresses like this in my head with things like "Sugary Marie Antoinette" and "Princess Carrousel Daydream",  I've decided to name it just that: Marie Sucrée.


No comments:

Post a Comment