Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Designs 9 and 10 - 15 Lolita Designs in April Challenge

I'm just fashionably late!

Well, as you may have noticed, I have not posted the designs I should have during the last week. That is due to...well... I actually have no excuse. 

So, to make up for this I bring to you...yet another set! It is a well known fact that I very much enjoy the Miraculous Ladybug cartoon. If you are not able to guess on your own, I will tell you: these designs are inspired by Antibug and Reflekta.

The designs are inspired by the villains and how I perceive them, not by the person who used to be the villain. In that case, Juleka would be the gothic one and ChloƩ would be the sweet Lolita.

I wanted Antibug's design to be opposite to the Ladybug design I made (Marinette Polkadot). Since Ladybug's was simple and sweet, Antibug's was to be ostentatious and impractical (much like her sword). I also gave it a touch of a Flamenco dancer, but that is really just incidental, and for aesthetics. She has a (sadly hard to see) venetian mask on her headdress). The wrist cuffs, choker and collar of the dress have black pearl details.

Reflekta's design is clownish and eye-catching. It's odd and cute and a little awkward looking. I wanted the hem ruffles to resemble the lifting of her plastic skirt. The pattern is made of chains of ellipse/eye shapes, and is a glitter print. Her shoes are those old-school gigantic Mana-like platforms (which are actually surprisingly easy to walk in). All the lace is cotton bobbin. Her purse's eyelashes are frays (I do not know the correct term...).

No comments:

Post a Comment