Thursday, April 28, 2016

Design 12 – Lolita 15 Designs in April Challenge

Buona notte!

These last challenge days feel like a drum's beat. You know that one, at the chorus or end of a song, the one that gives an exciting and rushing feeling! Like I'm posting a design with every beat.

One thing that this challenge has really given me, is the pleasure (and addiction) of hand-drawing lace. I used to only make that simple scallop eyelet lace that you see in most cartoons, because it was fast and easy. For this design, I really wanted to go all out.

Well, actually, I wasn't planning on going all out, but once I started I just thought "It needs more lace! More lace!" –and here we are. The proportions are a little awkward, since I made this with a hurried mind. The lace, though, I am proud of!

The overall design and layout for this one are actually very simple. It is a black overdress with a simple white cotton underskirt.With summer just around the corner, I have been seeing many coords that break quite a few of Lolita's staple rules (non-cutsew t-shirt, no socks, open shoes, no head accessories, etc.) So I wanted to hop on and draw a rule-breaker, better even a rule-bender.

It was originally to be a white underdress with a blue overskirt with sea/wave patterns, and it would be called Umika. Since the way I drew the lace made it look grey from far away, I went and matched with black. Now you can absorb both all the compliments, and all of the sun's rays!

No comments:

Post a Comment