Friday, April 29, 2016

Design 13 – Lolita 15 Designs in April Challenge

Wake up and smell the...!

Smell the procrastination. Today has been a slow day, especially considering the fact that my brain keeps believing it is Saturday, instead of Friday. It does not help that I had no classes today. The month's last Friday is always a slow day. But no matter how slow a day, it is still a day until midnight hits! What does that mean? It means I am not late! So, without further ado...

Today's design is inspired by Tikki, of Miraculous Ladybug. 

Taking into account that she is a floating, red chibi insect, I had quite a large amount of creative space. I wanted to do a subtle ladybug representation on her dress. My first draft for this design involved an embroidered "Miraculeuse" with a heart ladybug appliqué. Needless to say, it was a little too straightforward, and I could not figure out where to place it. So, instead, I used the waist ties to mimic her strange tail, and made the shape of the collar and skirt opening to be like a ladybug's wings. The spots on her head became black bow clips, and her tights have red and black circles with "LB" drawn in them, in white. 

It would have been more bug-like for her bustle/tail to be black, but I felt like I had used the red-black duo combination too much (for Antibug and Marinette). The dress is velvet, and the lace for this design is hand-drawn. Her necklace has a ladybug pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment